Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!

Happy 10th Anniversary to Mama Dukes & Robbie!!

I can't believe it has already been ten years, but it has.

On this day 10 years ago, I woke up nervous because today was the day I was about to get an official new father figure (not that he hadn't been that for long before the marriage date, but you get the point). I think part of the butterflies stemmed from the fact that I had to wear a dress and makeup! But that day I would have done anything for my mom. She was so happy and looked so beautiful.

Ten years flew by, but we have grown so much as a family unit, and I can't imagine not having Robbie as a part of our lives. He has brought much happiness and many laughs to our nights in the backyard. He provides advice when needed, and shakes things up a bit when life starts to get dull. I'm as happy today to have him as a part of our family as I was 10 years ago (even though he can be a donkey sometimes), and every once in a while when I see him and Mama Dukes having a lovey moment (maybe a glance or a hug), I remember how happy she is to have him in her life as well.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Aimee!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home