Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Growing Up

There is something about getting older that is disturbing. I've decided this lately as I approach some resemblance of adulthood, and my 25th birthday.

I have fixed my future for about four years in terms of career path (ie. more schooling). My supervisor keeps suggesting that I map out exactly what I want to do for the remainder of my career, and figure out all of the baby steps I will have to take to reach my goals. But the problem is, it is much easier said than done. I don't have major long-term goals. I am focusing on one year at a time, and hoping everything falls into place for me. This is a strategy that has worked for me so far, and I'm hoping it doesn't fail me soon.

I miss being able to plan 4 months at a time. I got used to that in high school, when life was conveniently separated into four little chunks. I would fit as much into the first chunk (Sept-Jan) as possible in terms of schoolwork so that when I started to burn out at the end of the year, my classes were easier. And then it was SUMMER! A time to request a few more hours of part-time work, and otherwise read, or sleep in, or whatever the day turned out to be.

Even better were the days when summer meant playing continuously for 8 weeks. We could stay up later, watch cartoons, have sleep-overs, and just have fun. And it seemed like the longest 8 weeks of the year.

And we were soo freakin cute as kids!
Especially this one;
Who is now considered a woman, and has a whole life full of hard decisions left to make. She was so adorable as a kid. I used to wrap her up in a big white towel after her bath and call her my "little bath larva". And now I try and advise her about college!

Growing up sure is taking some getting used to...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys were very cute! You still are! In fact I couldn't be any prouder of "my girls"!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

You are in a funky spot of transition no worries beleive it or not your 30's are way better.

You guys are too cute.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home