Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Things

So, things have just been happening lately. Things that are more-or-less out of my control. My exam date is coming fast, and I'm busily trying to prepare. On some days I am confident that I will be ready, and other days I feel like I would never be ready, even if given a hundred years.

I have been on a stress-filled emotional roller coaster. And then Mama Dukes is told she has type II diabetes (the adult onset kind) so that's been stressful and I've been worrying enough for the whole family I think. But I've done a bit of research and put together a temporary meal plan for the week to at least keep the GI index low for now until she gets the machine to check her blood sugar after meals. After a visit to the diabetes clinic, I guess we will know more. But it sucks just the same. And it's scary when you pair it with existing health issues.

I had to teach an extra lab today, which I thought was a sucky start to the day, but when I got there one of the students had brought me a highlighter because I had said hers was cool the last time I taught her. And it was random, because I shouldn't have taught her again, but the other TA called in sick, so it was lucky I guess that I have a new and pretty new blue highlighter. It made my day to know that someone was thinking about me. Someone I didn't even know. I always wonder how often that happen since a lot of people know me and I don't know them. Someone else commented on a lecture I taught a while ago. I didn't even recognize the person, but the class size was 400, so I wouldn't.

Anyways, everything is going OK I guess. It could be worse, but it could be better.

The next few months will be a blur I'm sure, and life will continue to run its course. In the meantime if anyone reads this that has good diabetic meals, feel free to share via comment or email.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, wanted you to know I do appreciate everything you do for me!
I don't want you stressing about it though! You have enough to worry about and you worrying about me makes me worry about you even more!!!
So stop it cause you are stressing me out!!
Thanks for caring! I promise to be good!!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

You're a very special soul, Aimee!!! The world needs more like you!!!

8:18 PM  
Blogger B said...

i love new highlighters!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

I love you doll.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home