Thursday, December 20, 2007

'Tis the Season

Christmas is fast approaching, and I'm not ready!
I had to fight the crowds at 7am this morning just to get a box of Christmas cards, so I'm dreading walking into the mall this weekend to finish my shopping. I'm going to smile though while waiting in line, just to be the odd one out. I love Christmas.

Today my lab is getting together for lunch and to give away the gifts we get. It's a fun idea. We are doing a secret Santa style exchange. But instead of buying something fitted for the person, we are getting a toy that maybe has some funny relation to the person we were buying for. Then we'll all head down to give the toys away for a charity. I like it. It was less pressure buying something for someone that you know they aren't going to keep anyways, so as long as it's a cool toy for a kid, you don't have to worry about if the person likes it or not. I hope we keep doing this in the lab in years to come. It makes me feel good.

Another thing that makes me feel good is the thought of food on Christmas eve. Steak and crab legs, oh baby! I can smell it already. I can't wait!

Mama Dukes is on holidays starting today, preparing for our open house party on Friday. It's going to be fun. Isn't Christmas exciting? I don't know about you, but I feel pretty jolly ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy xmas .Will be thinking of you all Hugs
grandma

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home