Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I shall Return, from out of the...

My mom is yelling at me for not blogging. And I hate when my mom yells at me (is that a complex of some sort, because it sure as hell feels like one! haha)

So, I will start again (I guess) and make no promises as to the frequency or entertainment factor of the forementioned blogs, so don't bitch at me. I'll blog when I feel like it!

I will start with something exciting to me (and few others). Metallica is touring in Europe but has agreed to play a couple of shows in the states and out west (BC, Alberta etc). So in January I will be taking a road trip to Detroit for a concert, and I'm sure it will be amazing!

Secondly, the movie "The Dark Night" is pretty incredible. I haven't seen the Batman movies, so if there are contradictions I wouldn't know about it. I just went to see it because I heard it was pretty disturbing (and it was!) and because I heard it might be part of the reason why Heath Ledger killed himself. Now I know it's sick, but I think they might be right. His character was pretty messed up, and add some drugs to that and you've got a messed up person!

I decided a while ago to stop blogging about school / work just in case people from work read it, and I will stick to that for the most part. But today I got a horrible (and unjustified) complaint from a student in my class last fall. He got removed from the course last year, but has re-joined for this year. I have just added the phone number for campus police in my cell phone, just in case! People can get serious about their marks, it's crazy.

My summer has been good. Productive in terms of school (well more productive now that I am completing my data analysis for real this time) and I took a week and went to a cottage, which might have been the best week I've had in a long time. There was no phone or internet or people, and it was right on a lake. The worst part about that week was finding out that while I was away, the family dog was put down (not my little dog, but the pitbull). I wish I could go again, but summer is coming to a close, and if anything my friends are looking into booking a couple of nights sat a camp ground at most. Oh well. Oh, and we "replaced" kilo (not that there is any chance in replacing her, but you get my point) with very adorable puppy. I would post a picture but it's not working right now.

But that's all today. I'm going for drinks with the lab people for a little shin-dig celebration thingy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back MCP

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing you are leaving work out of this blog. Judging from past rumours, your boss probably reads it.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Detroit?!?!?!?? Over your MAma's dead body!!!
We'll talk about this!!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home