Friday, October 21, 2005

Dream Maker

I had two particularily disturbing dreams last night. The first startled me awake at 4:46 am and left me awake for a good hour (which is a lot when you only have 5 hours to sleep. I should have just gotten up and done work, and then took a nap later. Anyways...

Dream 1:
I was living in a house alone I think and I decided I needed groceries. I don't remember doing them but I came home with them eventually and I opened the front door to find two of the hallway doors closed. I don't remember closing them, and I thought to myself (in my dream), "that's weired, I wonder if someone is in there". I am apparently much more brave in dreams than in real life cause I just walked in, looked around (open concept type living area) and there didn't seem to be anyone. But the back door was open. I don't know why, but I knew by this time that someone was there, I just told myself to relax. I dropped the groceries, and looked at the clock 8:08am. not bad...I got groceries done quick. Then I went to sit on the couch, but I turned around and looked at the window, and there was definitly a weird shape about the drapes. I knew someone was going to come out of them, but I couldn't move. A guy jumped out and ran at me with a knife, and stabbed me to death.
Weird eh?

Dream 2:
I was supposed to start a job at a preschool across the parking lot from my house (in dream world). And I somehow missed the time, but while I was talking in the parking lot, the house started smoking. It was on fire starting from the freezer? and there were a lot of people inside. A lot of children. And I remember running inside and grabbing kids (Anybody's Guess's Little Lucy included...weird) I got the people out at which point I realized that the fridge is directly under my bedroom and I wouldn't be able to go get any of my things. Now I wasn't worried about any of the things I could replace. I'm talking about Baby Beans, and Clown Pictures (made in the family) and childhood things that are irriplacable. I was bawling and screaming in the parking lot that I wanted to go back inside but noone would let me, and then I woke up. Weird.

So, long story short, I think I need to sleep less. Clearly if I have this much time for REM sleep, I am spoiling myself with rest. And next time, no crackers before bed...

Aimee

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man oh man you need to rest more and stop stressing...it would be interesting to see what these dreams mean!
Relax my baby and sleep!
Mama Dukes will rock you to sleep!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home