Monday, October 24, 2005

I am a cramming machine!!!

HAHA

So, this weekend I spent the exact same way I spent last weekend. I was in the science building cramming for the GRE's. Now the funny thing is, I had an exam this morning, and I couldn't decide how to use my time the best. I decided to go to school anyways and do some GRE stuff and then work on Cell Bio (which was what I had my exam for) in the evening. Now, those of you that know me know that I like to have sufficient time to study for my exams. I like to spend a week or so making cue cards and writing out definitions etc. so that I can make the information stick in my head. This is after I have read the textbook and been to lecture and it's usually enough to pull out a decent grade. But last night (in the 25th hour of GRE cramming for this weekend) I decided I needed food at about 8pm. That's when I packed up and walked home. On my way I remembered that I have an exam tomorrow...crap.

Cell Bio is a special case. I cracked the spine of the textbook and took the plastic off of it about a week ago. This is NOT good. But, it's been getting the crap end of the deal since I feel I have better things to be doing. So this morning I woke up, learned about 12 words that all mean "timid" on my walk to school. Had my TA meeting, and got another book for GRE studying (book #4, yikes!) and got a coffee (gas in the tank).

I went to my exam, and I think I was still asleep. Anyways I wrote it and forgot about it within the same 5 minutes. I got another coffee and went about my day. Well here is where the story gets good...

I went to my tutorial for cell bio this afternoon, and we went over the answers to the exam. Haha...I got one question wrong. One Question! that's 98% on an exam that I didn't study for. And what did I do...I beat myself up for about 10 minutes before realising how silly I was being. I don't deserve that 98%...but it was a stupid mistake. I said that DNA had a 6-carbon sugar. Duh! Like I haven't known the structure of DNA my whole life...anyways

So, tongiht I will tackle my new HUGE book for the GRE. I figure I'll try and make molehills out of mountins. But man am I tired.

PS. Great news! I'm finished exams on December 10th this year! 10th...I can't even beleive it. Some change from the 22nd (when I finished last year, at 9:00pm no less...) I'm pretty excited about it. Another 6 weeks and I'll be sipping hot chocolate and listening to chestnuts roasting by an open fire. Life is good.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, You are way toooooo funny!!!
All that worrying for nothing! You didn't even call me for luck. You really need to study less and cram more! Apparently your short term memory is like way good!!!
BTW, why did you get that question wrong?? haha just kidding ;)

2:12 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

6 carbon sugar?

I'm ashamed Aimee. I don't know if I'm proud of calling you "my science friend" anymore :P

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't be too hard on her Nicki!
she just had a miss her mommy moment!!!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Aimee said...

what was I thinking...? Obviously I wasn't. Gimmie a break just this once.

Aimee

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home