Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Procrastination is Inherited

So, I decided that procrastination is an inherited disease, which means that it is surely passed down from one family memeber to another. I used to think that maybe I had missed this gene, because I was soo on-top of things. I often had assignments done so long before they were due that I forgot about them in my drawer. I read all the required readings for classes in the first weeks of school, so that I would have time to read them a second time for detail. I never forgot appointments or pulled all-nighters...unless I was interested in the reading I was doing for a class 3 months from then!

I have changed my mind.

I think I DID inherit the procrastination gene after all, however I got the late-onset form. So, just as I was getting used to the "stress" of studying the same material for the 11th time just in case I missed something...it hit me.

It's my fourth year of university. My last year. I am partially completed my honours thesis, and I fall victim to its horrible grasp.

I avoid GREs and Graduate School Applications until that's all I CAN do because I am trying to fit 6 months of work into 2 weeks (or whatever). So as I desperatly attempt to get those "life" things done, my "school" things get left in the dust. And suddenly...

I'm starting and finishing research papers in the same night, I am reading the syllibus for the first time 6 weeks into the class. I am attempting to read the text for the first time as a form of studying the day before the exam. Stuff is sneaking up on me, I'm forgetting appointments, and my school world is chaotic.

I finally know what it feels like to be a procrastination queen!

Hopefully I'm as good at it as Jen. Man she was good...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must have been a gene from your father's side....LOL
I never procrastinate (hardly ever!)
Oh well, late onset is better than early!
You do just as well...you just stress about it more!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home