Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Contemplation

I am in the midst of writing my thesis proposal and I needed something to eat. I grabbed a grapefruit, and while making a mess of myself, my keyboard, and my computer screen, I wondered...why do they call it grapefruit?
It doesn't resemble grapes, nore is it grown on a vine.
I'm confused.
And I think of weird stuff when I am trying to procrastinate.

Also, I learned in my developmental class that researchers are studying the affects of drinking mass amounts of bottled water. Apparently, when they test the water it is before it is bottled. But after, chemicals from the plastic are leaching into the water. One of these chemicals is similar in structure to estrogen, and so they use this as an explaination for the increasing number of gay men, and "super-sexed" females (ie. hitting puberty early, large breasts etc.).

Just some things to think about while you avoid working...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They especially say not to refill the plastic bottles ,say it leaches even more. You would think it was already all in the original water.The rumors in my time was the pill made the girls bigger busted then when we grew up LOL Grapefruits they do grow in clusters like grapes maybe added the fruit because they are bigger.
Grandma

11:19 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

That might explain the large number of girls at Laurier with disproportionaly large tats. Snotty snots and their pretentious bottled water. (i can't wait to leave this school!)

Also, I thought the pill does make boobs bigger... at least when the girl is on the pill?

6:31 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

I'm a big geek:

'Grapefruit is called grapefruit not because it is in any way related to grapes, which it is not, but because it grows in bunches, as grapes grow. "Grapefruit" first appeared in English around 1814. The Oxford English Dictionary sums up grapefruit thusly: "The globular fruit of Citrus paradisi, having a yellow skin and pale yellow (occas. pink), juicy, acid pulp."'

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This estrogen like compound in water bottles & containers has also been suggested to be another cancer causing agent-- but what isn't these days!!

Canadian tap water has higher regulation standards and is also tested more frequently for impurities than most bottled water so why do people think the bottled stuff is safer???? hmmm makes you wonder

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home