Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Feeling Discourraged

You know those times when you just don't feel very good about yourself?
This year the universe is teaching me a lesson. I am not good at everything.
This is a hard pill to swallow in your fourth year of university, when you had intended on applying for grad school with the best of the best.

It all started with the GRE's. I did bad. Not just bad, but pretty far below average. I've never been below average, and finding this out was a hard kick to my self-esteem.
Then, I got a B on an essay...this may not seem horrible, but I like to think I write a strong essay, and I haven't gotten a B since second year organic chemistry.
Then I wrote my developmental biology exam today, during which I think I left soo many questions blank that at best, I might have gotten 50 or 60% (if everything I answered was correct, which is very unlikly).
I am choosing to blame all of this on other things/people. To save myself from having one more breakdown.
The GRE's are dumb, and unfair, and do nothing to predict my success in grad school. Not that it changes anything, cause the grad schools still look at it, and they have to accept me for me to prove them wrong.
The proffesor who marked my essay hates me, and gave me a subjective mark based on his dislike of science students.
The lab exam I just finished writing was random, and the questions were pulled out of thin air. I couldn't have done any better had I studied for a month (or not at all).

So, all in all I say it's about time for Christmas. I need some stroking of my self esteem. I need a break, and a full nights sleep. I need a hug from my mama dukes.

Aint university the best time of your life?
What a joke...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home