Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Getting a Grip

I don't know how wide-spread this weather is, but I can assure you that all of Waterloo is entirely under a sheet of ice. This started the day before yesterday with rain. The rain is not surprising seeing as it is Waterloo, and at least a few times a year it happens that the rain freezes and covers everything with a thick and slippery sheet of ice. Now I'm not talking about patches of ice...the sidewalks, roads, and grass are covered. You can't avoid it, but instead you are forced to waddle like a penguin all the way too and from school.

Now, everyone else is also doing this, so unless you fall on your ass into a puddle (because it is still raining) then you're just like everyone else. But, it gets particularily challanging on my street because every block of the sidewalk seems to be slanted. So, your odds of falling are increased ten fold. Luckily, I have survived this storm without falling.

Today it is bitter cold, and snowing. So, the snow has covered the crazy sheet of ice, and has turned into a slush-covered arena, adding to the challange. Did I mention I hate the weather in Waterloo?

In other news, I miss my puppy.

It seems silly to me in a way because I don't miss kilo when I'm gone. I love her and everything, but she's not mine. Something about owning something (I imagine it's similar with children in a sense) makes you fall in love with it instantly. I feel like I'm missing out on first steps or first words. In this case though, it's more like first pee on the paper, and first tumble down the stairs and such...but still.

Hunny went to her first appointment at the vet today and she's perfectly healthy and beautiful, with one exception...her teeth. At 6 and a half months old, she has already got a bit of tarter build up. So, I shall go out and get her a wee doggy toothbrush this week. She's not gonna like it I'm sure. The breeder said she never brushes her dogs teeth, but apparently it's necessary. So, I'll bring her home a new "baby" (ie. toy) to play with to make up for her hating me. That will give her one more object to drag around the house, which will please the family I'm sure. hehe

Anyways, I have a lot of news about potential graduate school supervisors, but this post is already long and boring, so I'll go into it another time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Children rarely hate their Mommies (forever)!
Mommies always miss their Babies!

Miss you!
Mom

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home