Thursday, January 05, 2006

Off to a great start

Picture this...
you show up on the first day of school pretty excited to start some new classes. As you know, my first research class in biopsychology was cancelled.
Jump to Thursday (ie today)...
you show up for the second scheduled class of research in biopsych only to find a group of people waiting at the door. Prof's not here yet...about 4 or 5 minutes past the scheduled start time people start whispering things like "do you think she's even gonna show?" and "I heard this prof is a crack head..."
so now I'm a little worried. I am paying over a thousand dollars tuition for this course after all...but what are you gonna do?
so the prof shows up. She's about my height, kinda stalky and butchy looking. She's got no hair as far as I can tell under the touque she's wearing (indoors!?), and she's sporting a boston redsox's t-shirt and a pair of army pants. weird.
so she doesn't know the code for the door to let us into the classroom, so we wait another minute or two. She finally gets some dude to let us in to this tiny "classroom" she hands out the syllibus, and as it's going around the room the last guy gets a copy that has no staple. He said something under his breath and the prof speaks her first clear words to the guy with no staple.
she sais (in a thick new-orleans accent that makes me laugh) "what? havin' no staple aint gonna kill ya is it?...shhiiittt"
this is going to be an interesting class.
The introduction went something like this....
"Sorry I wern't at class tuesday for you's that came, but I was held up at the border. Apparently they thought I was a merderer or somthin', but why dontcha have a peek tru the syllibus and take the rest o' the week off?"
"basically, you're writin' three papers, watchin rats swim, and dissecting a sheep brain. see ya..."
Total class time (out of 3 scheduled hours)...wait for it...4 minutes.
why do I bother?

4 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

haha, thanks.

Oh and skippy...you haven't blogged in a while :P

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like the universe is sending you something new to learn I say sit back sponge it up and enjoy it with an open mind.She sounded jet lag.
Grandma

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the Prof is a Donk! However, as my wise Mother says....sit back, sponge it up and laugh at the quirks of one of the many Donks you will encounter in life!! Take heart Daughter....this sounds like it may be the break you need to focus on your thesis and other stuff is important...sucks about the $$ that you have to put in for it!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

HAHAHA, Teather... OH man, that's a great description too, Aimee. Haha, I warned you...
Let me know if you want my papers, maybe they will help you out.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home