Monday, March 27, 2006

My "Other" Baby

Oh, how excited am I?

I just officially purchased the laptop of my dreams :)

Luckily my uncle is a computer guy, and with mock 3-way telephone (ie. me on the phone with mom who is on the phone with uncle) they talked me through purchasing a sweet laptop.

Here's the deal. Dell is tricky and likes to fluctuate the "stuff" you get in the computer while keeping the price the same. So, when I went to look at "my" computer on the weekend it was $xxxx and I checked it out today and guess what?

For $xxxx (ie. the same dollar amount) they doubled the memory, doubled the hard drive, added a sweet video card, increased the processing power ($370 upgrade), and were offering a 20% discount on warrenty.

Sneaky buggers still had the old "deal" available too, so if you acessed the site through a different link you got the old version of computer for the same price.

So, I jumped on it. I called mom via her 1-800 number at work, had her conference with her computer techy guy, and had her call my computer guy uncle.

I had to increase my credit limit (from the measly $500 I've kept it at all these years) to pay for it online. This task was particularily easy suprisingly. I never even had to talk to a real person.

And Bata-bing-batta-boom I've bought it. It will be shipped to me within 3 weeks. How exciting.

Back to work.

And PS. I'm never visiting the Dell website again, because though both my computer connections assure me I wont see a better deal, I am scared that while surfing the web I'll see my computer offered for half the price. And then I might snap it in half. **I wonder if that's covered in the complete care warrenty?**

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I take care of this baby too?
I don't mind babysitting, really I don't!
What do you mean you're taking this one with you...how is that not fair to your first baby! I think in all fairness you need to leave them both at home for your Mom to take care of! I will power it up once a day...take it for a spin! I promise!
C'mon, Please! Please!

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats your right they are sneaky looked here they did not even have the same # in the U.S. that you gave me so could not even compare.
Grandma

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home