Thursday, March 09, 2006

Too smart for your own good

I never even thought about skin and hair, but those are really good answers. I was looking for an organ (although the skin is technically an organ, you know what I mean) And, the top layer of your skin is all dead cells and are constantly being shed. In fact, if I'm correct, your skin can be replaced entirely in 28-30 days (longer for older adults).

But the answer I was looking for was the liver.

The liver actually has a crazy capacity to regenerate such that I could donate half (to two thirds) of my liver to someone else up to 12 times! and each of us (donor and the donee, hehe) would completely regenerate an entire functioning liver.

Also, they have done studies that involve transplanting a large liver into a small animal, and the liver will degenerate to fit the body of its new host. I thought that was wicked-cool.

Anyways, I am eating relatively good grandma :)
Too many stir frys, but it wont kill me.
But I was looking at my pale skin in the mirror today and thinking that I might be lacking in vitamin D, seeing as my skin hasn't seen the sun in like a year. I'm thinking about artificially tanning to get into the cool croud anyways. Orange = healthy ;)

I forgot to mention yesterday that I went to go meet another prof, but this time at Waterloo University. It went well, but I couldn't help but think "maybe I should sabatouge my own interview to avoid staying in waterloo for another two years" but it was just a passing thought, I swear! It actually went pretty good, and I think he liked me well enough. we'll see.

But I still want my letter from U of T.
I'm harrassing the mailman next time I see him. That outta speed up delivery.

4 Comments:

Blogger B said...

I think that if you shake the mailman really hard...he might get the message.

That, or you'll get arrested for assult.

But if you do, make sure they redirect your mail to your cell so you don't miss the letter :)

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you send an email to Dr. Stephenson asking for an update on the situation????

be proactive and show continuing interest and he might work harder to get it answered or at least update you more often to put your concern to rest for a bit.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Fuckkit said...

This makes me feel so much better about the vast quantities of vodka I fully intend to inflict on my liver this weekend.

10:05 AM  
Blogger B said...

hey you...I tagged you on my blog so go check it out and do it so you can have an update ;) and to take your mind off of shaking the mailman to death for your U of T letter

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home