Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Banana

Returning from reading week at university has hit me with an asstonishing discovery. People will go to any length to get a tan.

I understand that in this day and age, it's considered "beautiful" to have golden bronzed skin, and quite honestly, I wish I could have a wicked tan all year round. But I can't get a tan in the summer so I'm probably just jelous but whatever, hear me out.

The girls bouncing around university this week practically ALL have a tan. Some of them have a more natural looking tan than others. There are some that scream "I used and entire bottle of turn-yourself orange by applying a whole bottle of self-tanner in 'totally dark' tone" But in any case, the girls are walking around with dark tans. And it's February.

And here's the kicker....I actually witnessed this conversation while easdropping on a couple of girls while standing in line for my Timmies coffee.

Girl #1: Oh my God, HI!! You look fantastic, where did you go over the break!?

Orange Girl: I went to Cuba, but it totally sucked cause like when we showed up it was like grey and stuff, and I guess we missed the sun cause it was like 90 degrees there the week before we came

Girl #1: Yeah, that does suck, that happened to me once...blah blah blah

Orange Girl: Yeah well I didn't really even want to go cause I've been there like six times, but I really needed to get a tan

Bah, I guess after paying like $1500 for a trip to cuba, it really sucked when she realized she could pay $12 and slather herself with self-tanner and another $10 to bleach her hair and get the same effect.

People are funny...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home