Saturday, March 18, 2006

Ughh...

I hate being a Teachers Assistant

Something about emails every week that always sound something like this...

"I forgot to submit the quiz cause my dog died and my boyfriend dumped me and my internet is down and my roomates were loud last night and I can't remember how to spell my own name half the time and, and, and...."

But, I always give a nice response that goes aomething like this.
"Please see the proffesor in class and ask him to re-open your quiz for you. I am unable to do this after the due date has passed. You could otherwise email him personally at statsprof@wlu.ca because he does not check his personal mail on this site. Hope that helps! Aimee (TA)"

And every once in a while, I get a nasty email reply.
Like just now...

"Thanks. But I clearly sent you that email before the due date. " from some shithead who thinks their God's gift to university.

And on days like today, when I'm cranky and lonely and sick, and not feeling very nice in general, I'll send an oh-so-proffessional reply that goes like this,

"I'm sorry, but I "clearly" didn't get your email until after the quiz was due. Stats Proff will be happy to re-set it for you if you ask him in class. No need to be rude. " - Aimee (TA)

I just can't help it. I wasn't cut out to be a TA.
Maybe I should look into changing my career goal? haha

2 Comments:

Blogger B said...

You aren't a bad TA. You help filter out the bull shit before the the professor has to deal with the real problems

You just have no tolerance for stupid people or bull shit in general, and that's not necessarily a bad thing :)

Some people are just a perfectly good waste of oxygen...

11:55 AM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Urgh Aron...

I hate when you talk to me like a child...seriously. I know what keele means and I know it's supposed to be person-watching and I know all the other random things you like to yell at me about, but I'm unique and I like to make mistakes. (Normal people make mistakes...it's a sad attempt I know)

Maybe if you blogged more often, you wouldn't have time to be soo picky about my writing :P

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home