Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Quote & Tag

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not Eureka! (I found it!) but rather, "hmm.... that's funny...."
- Isaac Asimov

I thought that quote was rather amusing, and true but anyways,

I was tagged a while ago, but I never did it (bad me!).
I think I was instructed to tell 6 (?) weird things about myself
So here goes nothing...

1. I am antisocial
- I'm not antisocial because I don't like people (well I generally don't, but that's not the point). I'm more antisocial because I am socially anxious. I'm socially anxious
- not because I think I'm fat, or because I am worried people will think I am BUT I am constantly judging myself through other people's eyes. I'm not sure where I got this habit (mom?) but I can't seem to kick it, no matter how hard I try.
You see people? It's not you, it's me.

Stemming from #1...

2. I have never ordered a pizza, or more than 3 items on a sub
- The first part's a bit of a lie, cause I once ordered pizza online, but I've been told that doesn't count. As for subs, I have a 3 item limit (not counting cheese, lettuce, and tomato, cause they ask that all at once, and I can just nod). After three items the person is surely cursing you inside his/her own head, thus preventing me from enjoying pickles on my sub

3. I like things to be in their place
- as disorganized as I might seem at times, everything in my like tends to have a place. For example, I keep certain books on certain shelves, and I like my piggy bank on a certain spot on my bookshelf etc. So, when things get moved around I freak out. The weirdest part is, I don't get angry or annoyed that someone moved my stuff. But rather, I get scared because I convince myself that I have another personality that is just trying to fool around with me.

4. I am paranoid
- I think this stems from a combination of events. I watch too many scary movies, leading to an intense fear of looking in mirrors. And one time when I was little, and shampooing my hair, my sis decided to stick her face right in front of mine. So when I opened my eyes I was scared out of my skin. I don't close my eyes in the shower anymore (ever since) except to wash my face, during which time my heart beats like I'm about to jump off a building, and as soon as the soap is out I open my eyes and whip my head around behind me, always expecting someone to be standing there.

5. I don't like maple syrup
- I know this is a weird one, but I just don't like it. And it's not that I don't like the taste of it, but I just can't eat it on food. One exception - vanilla icecream

6. I love to cook, and I love to eat: but I hate to eat the food I cook
- confused? yeah, me too, but it's true. I enjoy cooking, and I enjoy eating. But something about cooking food makes me not want to eat it. And, the longer it takes to make the food, the worse this feeling is. So, if I make myself a fabulous stir fry for instance, I will sometimes leave it on the counter untouched, and have crackers and cheese for dinner.

So that's it, brutal honesty. I could think up a thousand more, but the world thinks I'm strange enough as it is. I think most of these are the strangest things I could think of about me, but I'm sure my family or my roomates could think of worse.

PS. I'm tagging everyone who reads this. I know who you are...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ignored the last person that tagged me...Brianne...probably the same person that tagged you because I am just not as talented a writer as you are and most things I do are weird. We share many of the same weird things...clearly it's the genes thing.
So with all that being said...I shall ignore you as well even though you know who I am! You can't make me do it....you can't, you can't, you can't!
Damn you maybe you can...Why me, oh why me! See it's that paranoia thing kicking in...I know you are out to get me!

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow and I thouht I was weird.Genes got to blame it on something.Pass it on Grandma

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home