Thursday, October 18, 2007

Acne

Pimples are a part of life.
I get them when I'm stressed, or when I'm PMSing, or when I eat greasy food, or any combination of those things.
But I have this problem with the fact that I am currently breaking out like I'm mid-puberty and can't get these things to go away.
So right now, as you read this posting, I have at least (some are inseparable now since they are starting a pile-on fest around my mouth!!)...at least 8 rather large bright red pimples. They have claimed residence around the corners of my mouth mostly, though I've heard rumors of prime real estate elsewhere.
I'm pissed.

I can't look in the mirror and take myself seriously. All I see is acne.

And then I understand why all of those people who watch Jessica Simpson or whoever on the Proactive commercials are so easily convinced to start paying ridiculous amounts of money for face wash. I would do many things to make this go away. It's painful and ugly, and I am teaching. I hate standing up in front of a large group of people and watching people focus on my mouth, and mid-sentence wondering if they are trying to read my lips or count how many zits there are.

I know I'm being a drama queen, but I have to pretend to be like a girl sometimes right? Otherwise I'll lose my steady supply of estrogen and before I know it I'll have a permanently lowered voice.

On the bright side of things...It's almost Halloween, which means it's almost Christmas (and I LOVE christmas!!). I need costume ideas. Something funny, and warm (cause I'll be outdoors all night). And BONUS points for you if you can think of something that can be done as a couple, and even better if it's Cheap**

3 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

Actually Aimee, that stuff really does work for a lot of people..if you wanted to try it out let me know as i have an order that I had from a few months ago that I did not end up using and it I just sitting around. You are welcome to have it to test it.

Let me know :)

6:17 PM  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Sorry about the new collection of friends you have hanging around ya.

Costumes....I;ll need to think.

6:37 AM  
Blogger B said...

i have this neutrogenia astringent shit that i scrub on my face when it randomly breaks out...it's not taht expensive, you can get a generic brand, but i have to warn you...it burns a little...

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home