Friday, September 21, 2007

Freaky Thursday

First and most importantly, a shout out to my grandma who celebrates her birthday today!! Happy Birthday!!! My grandma is about the awsomest woman you'll ever meet, and I'm glad I'm a lot like her. I can't wait to see you Sunday :)

Also, my little sister celebrated her 17th yesterday. She's growing up faster than I want to think about, but she's a good kid. I think she'll turn out alright...Happy birthday to you!

And now...the blog

Yesterday was a bit of an odd day. Things were just happening, and the day was passing somehow without me noticing the time. It was strange, and strange things were happening.

Take for example, this guy at the train station after work. He was in his truck pulling out of the station while mom and I walked to the parked van, and he gave me this look. Not a look you give to a woman when she's with her mother you know? And I thought it was a bit strange. I waited a minute and told mom, "wow, that guy just gave me a really creepy look..." and so mom turns to check it out and the guy was not only still looking, but he was practically undressing me with his eyes, smiling, and he gave a sort of wave...eek. And I don't think I was dressed provocative or anything. Just a pair of jeans and a tank top (an not the kind with spaghetti straps or that cuts off midway or anything)

So, then we go for dinner at this sushi restaurant. The food is good there, and the atmosphere is really nice. Bonus is that it's close to where we play billiards on Thursdays, so we went. Both of us knew immediately what we were going to eat, so when the server came by we ordered our drinks and meals together. The place was pretty much empty at that point, but as we chatted and laughed and complained about our day, the place slowly filled with people. And the wait staff is going around collecting orders, and slowly we start to notice that every table in the place is being served except for us. Watching the fancy sushi-covered boats pass by was torture and I was starving. I at least expected that my Edamame (soy bean snack) would be there by then! But it turns out they forgot to put in our order. I should have known.

When we got to pool, I went to the washroom, and realized that after being back from Australia for 2 weeks, I still check under the toilet seats for spiders that might bite my ass and kill me!

Then I have to play pool, and during the game I was sucking. I couldn't sink the balls the way I planned, and it was frustrating. But the team we were playing was nice, and they joked throughout the night with our team. All in good fun. So while I'm playing, I have to rack the balls for my oponent more times then I would have liked (because it means I was never making the last ball), and on one of these times the guy broke and sunk the 9-ball off the break. In 9-ball, this is equivalent to sinking the 8-ball off the break. So the guy won the rack without trying. And his teammate yells, "Hey Aimee, nice rack!" to which mom responds "I hope you're talking about the game!". These types of jokes continued all night after that. When guys on the other team were doing well, the comments turned to "Nice balls!" and such...it was funny, but strange.
And then I went home to bed, and dreamt all night about waiting. I was waiting for people, and things to happen. I'm not sure what that was about, but I'm glad nothing strange has happened yet today. But it is still only morning, and I've done nothing but sit at my desk.

I think it might be a strange week. It all started when some guy dropped off a bouquet of fruit for the guy across the street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home